Pages

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Marvel's Rating System Explained


Editor Nicole Boose over at her Marvel blog discusses family-friendly comics and demystifies their cover rating system:

"Needless to say, everyone’s standards are different, and the lines between the ratings have been known to blur. I’m probably stating the obvious – but whenever possible, it’s always a good idea to look through any material you’re planning to give younger readers to decide whether you and they will be okay with it."

I applaud this. I'm not for censorship, but I think giving parents a heads-up is a good idea. After all, a child's first introduction to the word "sperm" shouldn't come from a funny book -- it should come from a "Family Guy" episode.

discuss this and other topics in my gran' spanking new message board

No comments:

Post a Comment