Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

X-Files: The Only Reason I Wanted To Go To WonderCon

It never fails. Every time I see comic convention coverage, part of me feels wistful that I didn't attend. Though visions of the long schlep home usually convinces me different.

But WonderCon had this:

Weeeeeeeee!!!!!
X-Files!
Together again!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Woo!
They still look so young! Or at least not so old as to make me feel absolutely ancient!

That said, I have my doubts that an X-Files movie will have what it takes to grab a mass movie audience at this point in time. Might have been better as a TV mini-series. But, I hope I'm wrong.

4 comments:

  1. OH MAN OH MAN BE GOOD BE GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say it... but I agree. It might be a little too late for this boat to sail and succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read somewhere that it wasn't going to tie up any loose ends that the TV show left hanging. That seemed sort of antithetical to me - why make the movie if you're not going to give the resolution everyone wants?

    Keep in mind, however, that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an X-Phile.

    -M

    ReplyDelete