Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Occasional Superheroine Reader Profile: ANGRY ZEN MASTER


Name: Jamie"Angry Zen Master" Noguchi


Location: Rockville, MD


Occupation: Multimedia Designer (secret identity job)Freelance Illustrator/Cartoonist (superhero job)






Comics you read: Blade of the Immortal, Usagi Yojimbo, Battle Angel Alita: Last Order,New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Astonishing X-Men, Sharknife (eagerlywaiting Double Z!), Peng, Scott Pilgrim, Penny Arcade, DieselSweeties, Applegeeks, Onezumi, VGCats, Staccato


Fave artist(s) (Oh man, us art folk can't choose just one): Travis Charest, Steve McNiven, Bryan Hitch, Stan Sakai, Sean "Cheeks"Galloway, Dustin Nguyen, Corey "Rey" Lewis, LeSean Thomas, HajimeKatoki, Yoshitaka Amano, Mamuro Nagano


Fave writer(s): Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Joss Whedon, J. Michael Straczynski, Gail Simone


Fave character(s): Spider-Man (well, not the OMD one. He's a douche), Batman, Manji, DeliriumFirst comic you ever read:I'm sure it was one of my dad's old Thor issues.


Your favorite comic book "memory": Got three.The webcomic I illustrate, Erfworld, was listed in Time Magazine's Top10 Graphic Novels of 2007!Landed my first professional gig coloring Spider-Girl covers afterwinning a fan art contest.Sandman: Brief Lives. Dream and Delirium visit Destiny whilesearching for their lost brother. Destiny says to Dream, "She doesnot love you, and truly, she never did. She will not change her mind,no matter how long nor how deeply you wish that this were the case."I rediscovered this book while I was going through a divorce andsomehow, after reading that again everything just seemed to make sense.


Most frustrating comic book "moment": Easily One More Day.


Where/how do you buy your comics?: Either the local comic shop or a Borders. The local shop for thefloppies I still follow and for graphic novels I can't find at theBorders. The Borders for graphic novels and because it's a block away.


Floppies or trades?: Trades. Still collect the floppies, but I ultimately prefer the trades.


Marvel or DC?: Marvel. Sorry, my dad grew up on Marvel comics so I'm geneticallydisposed to like them more. Though lately...


Star Wars or Star Trek?: Trek. Another family thing. We always sat down and ate dinner whilewatching TNG.


Non-comic book hobbies: Drawing random fun things for people and for myself, customizing vinyltoys, vlogging, blogging, cursing, going to movies, being married andloving it!


Personal motto: "No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai


How did you start reading "Occasional Superheroine?": Rich Johnston linked to your "Goodbye to Comics" series. Read throughthe entire series and I've been hooked ever since.

1 comment:

  1. Huh, really? You are the Erfworld guy? I really like OotS but didn't want to get sucked into another webcomic. Maybe I will look again.

    ReplyDelete