Your friendly Neighborhood Occasional Links
Wonder Woman Vs. Namor In A Swordfight
Who would win?
"She can decapitate with her tiara."
"I meant for this to only be a swordfight. No other weapons (like tiaras and lassos and such.)"
Got that? Stop screwing around. This is a serious debate!
Fortuna: Another Caped Do-Gooder Roaming The Streets, Making Multimedia Art Installations
"Masked, caped and packing a staple gun, a do-gooder known by the moniker Fortuna stalks the Wicker Park streets, tagging barren walls with posters announcing her dominance over evil. She's literally your friendly neighborhood superhero."
I heard Top Cow might be getting the rights to this, but they're going to have to add some cybernetic demon-hand pasties.
Gwen Stacy: Mexican Pinup Queen
Again With The Comics explores the Mexican 60's/70's reprint series "The Surprising Spider-Man":
I also have to wonder, are these stories considered canon to Mexican collectors? Is "Misterio del vampiro de la playa del bikiní" held in the same esteem as, say, the Master Planner arc or the Stone Tablet Saga? Inquiring, idiotic minds want to know!
As you can see, there was some effort made by the editors of "The Surprising Spider-Man" to capitalize on Gwen Stacy's... (don't say "assets," don't say "assets"...)
I like the idea that somebody on their staff actually had to draw a big ass onto Gwen. Like, that was an actual instruction that person received. "More ass! We've got to sell these damn comics!"
Gay and Bisexual Characters In Comics
Clip n' save this handy list, take it with you to your local comic book store, courtesy of The Gay League.
Some reflections on the list:
1) The "Bi" list seems to be made up of a lot of hot women and Mephisto. Draw your own conclusions.
2) "Doctor Stingaree" is gay. In case you were wondering.
3) Anybody remember back in Morrison's "Doom Patrol" when "Danny The Street" turned out to be gay? He was a friggin' street. He was a street with a distinct sexual orientation. Welcome to highbrow comix.
4) "Tlaango" is gay. Just in case you were debating it.
5) Is it a rule of comics that all gay characters have to have wacky names? Like you'll have a lesbian couple in some Vertigo book with the names "Pussywillow and Hotbox." Oh, that's clever. Welcome to highbrow comix.
6) Skyppi The Skrull has an "uncertain sexual orientation." Just in case you were wondering. Actually, I heard they are going to retcon that; he was really Black Bolt in disguise.
Video: "The Fantastic Four Song"
FANTASTIC FOUR SONG - Ray Wall Band
Add to My Profile | More Videos