Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Kids WB Is RIP


Holy Shmokes!

I just read on The Beat that The CW is discontinuing their Kids WB programming.

From the Toon Zone article:

"The CW has announced it will be shutting down the Kids WB! Saturday morning programming block at the end of the current 2007 - 2008 season. Rival 4Kids Entertainment will handle programming and marketing of the block starting with the new season in September 2008. Some current Kids WB programs may continue to air after the changeover, but no decisions have been have yet."

And this from Variety:


"Warner Bros. TV Group prexy Bruce Rosenblum said the company examined the Saturday morning issue "closely with our partners at CBS," and ultimately decided leasing the space to 4Kids made the most business sense. For example, by farming out Saturday morning, the net believes it can focus more ad sales energy toward the online world."

The Variety article goes on to quote Rosenblum as saying that the WB will still produce cartoons for "cable, direct-to-DVD, broadband and wireless."

And all this just when I was really getting into "Legion of the Superheroes in the 31st Century!"

Damnit.


7 comments:

  1. Wait...weren't "The Batman" and "Legion" both doing fairly well, AND gearing up for new seasons?

    I don't watch either of those shows (I feel I've been spoiled by the Timmverse), but that still makes me sad. Kids WB! was my Saturday morning location of choice through grade school, junior high and early high school.

    First Disney Adventures, and now this. Oy.

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 PM

    I actually was loving both The Batman and The Legion and I was looking forward to the new Spider-Man cartoon.

    Leave it to the WB to let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Some current Kids WB programs may continue to air after the changeover, but no decisions have been have yet."

    From the way I'm reading things, they're shutting down the programming block, not necessarily the cartoons that comprise it. So The Batman and Legion of Super Heroes aren't necessarily on the chopping block.

    PDS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rasafrackin'. . .and the new season of Legion kicked off so incredibly badass too.

    Man. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, i told my 6 year old son this news.

    He cried for 4 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friggin 4KIDS!?

    Do they even do anything other than butchered anime dubs?

    Well, I hope you all like Naruto. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inches, I completely forgot about the new Spidey toon.

    If this causes that to go down the tube, I am going to be ridiculously pissed.

    -M

    ReplyDelete