Monday, October 29, 2007
So I was putting together a "grab bag" of comic book goodies for BF's niece, culled from both our collections. This is what made the cut:
1. Marvel Adventures
2. Betty & Veronica
3. Glister -- Image Comics
4. Felix the Cat - Felix Comics
5. Sardine In Outer Space graphic novel -- First, Second
6. Goodbye, Chunky Rice graphic novel -- Pantheon
7. Patrick The Wolf Boy -- Arthur Baltazar & Franco Aureliani
This is what didn't make the cut:
1. The Betty & Veronica Digest "Bad Boy Trouble" series -- That story line is a little too "Ricki Lake" for a nine-year-old.
2. Various manga hanging around my house -- maybe for 12-year-olds but not nine. Some of these books even make the darned magic house cats sexy.
3. Supergirl -- SEE?????
Age-appropriate stuff that didn't make the cut because I like 'em too much to give away & I'm a big selfish poo:1. Legion of the Superheroes Johnny DC. Nobody's touching my set! Nobody!
3. My Marvel Adventures digest with Modok in it.
4. Baby Sitters Club graphic novels -- they would have to be pried out of my cold dead hands
5. Sabrina the Teenage Witch by Tania del Rio
6. Mouse Guard Hardcover -- I mean, c'mon. There's generous and then there is crazzzzzzzzy.