Thursday, October 11, 2007
Yeppers, the Dude is back. In issue #34.
But who is this man in the strangely sensual combo of black spandex and patriotic chestplate?
Marvel's been keeping this one pretty mum.
I would like to think Clint Barton, for the following reasons
1. Incredibly popular character as Hawkeye
2. Idolized Captain America while they were on "Avengers" (read the old issues especially...Hawkeye starts out like a wiseass to him, but then respects him).
3. He was Ronin for a while. A Ronin is as masterless samurai. Captain America was Nomad for a while, "man without a country." See? See?
4. Avengers won't exactly miss Ronin, because he's not really a very distinct or memorable character.
5. Clint has an edgy quality that I think would work in an updated Cap.
So anyway, that's who I'm pushing for.
What d'yall think?