Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"Goddamn Batman" Now Official DC Character


Every couple of days I get hits from people searching the term "Goddamn Batman" on Google.

Make fun of "All Star Batman and Robin" -- or Assbar, as it is known -- all you want, but there is no denying the appeal of Frank Miller's "Goddamn Batman." In fact, I think the Goddamn Batman has now surpassed the regular old boring Batman as the "It" superhero of the hour.

Sure, Miller's previous take on Bats, "Dark Knight," touched relatively briefly on the dark, unstable elements of the superhero. But "Goddamn Batman" distills every nasty, jerkwad quality of previous "gritty" Batmen into one spicy bat-enchilada.


I propose that DC change the title of "All Star Batman" to "Goddamn Batman" and just roll with it. If there can be "Marvel Zombies," certainly there can be a "Goddamn Batman."

Related video:

8 comments:

  1. I think I've seen Miller say that Goddamn Batman and Dark Knight Batman are the same Batman at different times in their lives. This concept makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to pick up the trade of Goddamn Batman when it comes out in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finding all the scans from goddamn batman hilarious. Is it bad that I now want to pick up the trade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Goddamn Batman kinda reminds me of Dr. Greg House and Dexter. The mentally unstable antihero who is sort of on the side of good seems to speak to our age for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's funny is I had no idea what you meant, so I googled "goddamn batman" and found this which made laugh to no end.

    Now I have to read Miller's All Star B&R just to get a few laughs, this shit is fucking hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm holding out until the Goddamn Justice League forms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's scary how long that video had me going... (It's also hilarious, tho. ^__^ )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really funny video :))

    ReplyDelete