Hey all, sorry I've been tardy/absent with my blogging today --
I'm up to my butt in planning for both MoCCA Art Fest and the Lulu Awards this weekend -- plus work -- and plus work that is sort of fun but in the end is also work. Lots of work. Workworkwork.
Somewhere in all of this, I have to find time to buy kitty litter. Or else...well, you don't want to know "or else." It involves lots of foul-smelling pee and my clothes. Or the couch. Or a nook with some comics in it that for some reason resembles a cat box.
A few "bullet points" on issues that have come up, as always love your two cents & feedback
- I am truly in awe of the brass pair of ovaries Hillary Clinton has. I mean really. Ruthless campaign, holds the nomination up until the very last vote, then says: "I should be Vice-President." Best part -- it's all politics all-around. Now Obama & Hillary are all smiles, are going to do joint appearances together, etc. Gotta love politics.
- Meanwhile, Erica Jong on Huffington Post writes, "...losing my last chance to see a woman in the White House feels like shit." And, "...it's clear that the faults we tolerate and even overlook in men, we see as glaring in women." I think the latter is true. But I really don't feel like shit. I really like Obama. So does George Lucas. Which reminds me of the cover of Rolling Stone a month or so ago, entitled "A New Hope." It all goes back to the realm of the fanboy, folks. Circle of life.
- So now Newsarama looks like every other big comics news site out there. Yay.....But seriously, it's a nice design, though one I fear the individual columns are going to get lost in. The rudimentary multi-link extravaganza of the good old days gave all these columns a lot more equal weight. Now you've got either somebody's weekly column or some big comic book movie to promote in those boxes on the "front page." What is going to get more space in this picture-dominated layout? Edward Norton in green contact lenses. Easy.
- So Howard Stern has made up with Rosie O'Donnell? This is like Armageddon.
- Dick Giordano's White Viper is debuting at Comic Mix this week and you should all check it out and show your support for this living legend...
- Ebay looks like it's unofficially phasing out their auctions in favor of buy-it-nows. This sort of sucks balls. I live for those auctions where for three bucks I can get 10 pounds of crap.
- Was going to see the Hulk movie today in one of those free preview things, but I'm really too bogged down with work. Always up to hearing some advance reviews, tho.
- OMG, it's New Comic Book Day already????