Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Attack Of The Legally Blondes


I came across an army of blond young women dressed in bubble-gum pink evening gowns and heels in Madison Square Park yesterday. They were part of one of those reality shows. In this particular show, they all model their lives after Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde."

Oh, the pathos, so many things I could say and ask.

How did they find these girls? Why are they doing this? How many dyed their hair especially for the show?


As I walked further to pick up some lunch, I noticed that there were straggler Elles everywhere. In the lobbies of buildings, bending over and brushing their long blond hair out. A pair of Elles running across the street, carrying their fake pink plastic purses with the logo of the show on it.

As I walk even further, a big pink double-decker bus with the logo for the Legally Blond reality show bounds down the street, heading for Madison Square Park, presumably to scoop the Elles up.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24 AM

    This looks like a SkyNet army of Stepford wives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, a Legally Blonde reality show! I'll have to tell my wife, she will love it!

    Sigh.... :(

    ArrrOOOooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're going to Harvard to get their law degrees? If that isn't the point of the show, I'm going to be very disappointed. Not surprised, just disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick, they don't have to go to Harvard in my book. Any law school will do. Heck, I'd settle for Pre-law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reality show is to look for a replacement for the current lead of the Broadway Legally Blonde musical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the Cylons. They have figured out how to introduce physical differences within the same model number.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great googly moogly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Would it be more ok if they were dressed as spider-man, or even she-hulk?)

    So, they want to be on tv, maybe make some money and look "good" doing it. Who are we to judge?
    And if they were just going to the world's largest legally blonde-convention which is what I first thought when I saw the pictures... well, that would have been AWESOME. :D

    ReplyDelete