Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Final" Crisis?


The "final" Crisis? Really? Sure you wouldn't want to squeeze in one more year-long weekly series?

This is it?

Fantasy Editorial Meeting:

"Ok, so now what we do is kill off all the 70s & 80s DCU characters. It's just like "Crisis," only updated. Because if there is anything "Smallville" and the recent films has taught us, it's that kids today can't relate to these thirtysomething superheroes. I mean, how old is Ollie?"

"Uh, 50?"

"Exactly. Exactly."

"But if we kill off Wally again they are going to kill us."

"Yeah, but he's in the right age bracket."

"He's a dad. Kinda boring, no?"

"I'm not talking about killing off all of them...more like...rebooting. De-aging."

"De-aging?"

"Yeah."

"So Hal can be a young sexy fighter pilot again?"

"Exactly."

"That's pretty hot."

"Yeah."

13 comments:

  1. Oh thank god!

    I was afraid that that DC was taking "Infinite Crisis" a little too literally.

    I can't wait until I can actually keep up with the DCU without reading a bajillion different miniseries and tie-ins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish I could hear the words "Final Crisis" without thinking of that song by Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wish I could hear the words "Final Crisis" without thinking of that song by Europe.

    This is the part where Gob, from Arrested Development, comes in and starts doing magic tricks - badly!

    It's the final countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This is the part where Gob, from Arrested Development, comes in and starts doing magic tricks - badly!"

    ooooh, you beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricks are what whores do -- Gob does illusions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tricks are what whores do for money (or candy)-- Gob does illusions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Tom -- I knew I was missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the love of God, somebody make them STOP!

    The mega-crossover event thing was cool for a while, but we've been in crossover mode for, what, nearly four years now?

    Take a break DC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. But didn't Rebirth make Hal a young sexy fighter pilot again? Gone are the gray hairs and any real responsibility.

    Seriously, you need to catch up on your GL reading. That retcon was two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Seriously, you need to catch up on your GL reading."

    Yes, my GL catch-up reading is scheduled right behind my copy of Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead" and the entire run of "52."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will read "Final Crisis" if they promise that it is indeed the last company-wide crossover they will ever do.

    What are the chances of that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chances of their promising? I'd say about 25%. No chance at all that they'd keep the promise, though.

    ReplyDelete