Dissecting The "Fred Claus" Trailer
Yes, Warner Brothers has another holiday extravaganza --
1. Watching Christmas trailers on the hottest day of the year? Depressing.
2. Vince, meet shark. Shark, Vince. Vince, jump over shark.
3. Paul Giamatti wouldn't have to star in this s**t if he was six-feet tall & looked like Brad Pitt. We all know this.
4. Co-starring Kevin Spacey as the Prince of Darkness, a.k.a. a corporate type who is going to steal Christmas. Why do these corporations put out these corporate, uninspired films that feature corporate types as the villains? It's a safety valve for the script writer laboring over the flick, so he won't flip out one day and drink lye.
5. This movie assumes that midgets & dwarfs in sunglasses dancing to hiphop are self-evidently funny.
6. God, I wish Vince & Jen would have worked out.
7. Jen's dating somebody now, and I think he looks like Brad Pitt. It's not Paul Giamatti.
8. Will Ferrell pwns "Fred Claus."
9. Billy Bob Thornton pwns "Fred Claus."
10. Tim Allen pwns"Fred Claus."
11. "Fred Claus:" #1 at the box-office Christmas 2007
(also read this @ Angry Zen Master)
"Why do these corporations put out these corporate, uninspired films that feature corporate types as the villains?"ReplyDelete
My theory's always been that it's similar to Bill Hicks' concept of "marketing to the anti-marketing market". And ultimately, if they have enough contempt for their audience to put this movie out at all, it's not likely that they care if their audience has contempt for them.