Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Day Yesterday


Looking over my day yesterday, it's like every single thing I did was for the nurturing and service of others:

1. Sent out holiday cards
2. Fed squirrels and birds
3. Patiently worked with boss and tried to organize things for him
4. Wrote several long emails to people who requested my help
5. Went to dinner with friend, listened to an issue she had and gave advice
6. Went home, fed and hugged cat
7. BF came home, hugged him too

I had this conception of myself, when I was younger, of being (or, more accurately, becoming) some sort of hard-drinking hell-raising firebrand.

This has really not happened, outside the auspices of my blog.

Nor do I really think I am this awesome selfless person, because I'm not. But I think it is important to observe your styles of work and interaction with others on a daily basis, if only to sort of know yourself and figure out what works best for you.

Also, on an unrelated note, I would like to note that if you sign up for one of these "legitimate" adult toystores looking for a simplest of simple implements, they will send you two billion pieces of snail mail to your door with PICK UP YOUR FREE VIBRATOR NOW! in big letters. Well...that was a mistake.

7 comments:

  1. You must be having early Christmas cheer, is all. You feel like nothing but giving to others. And...so does a sex store that sells adult toys. To me, that just seems like laymen's karma evening things out. ;) Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Nothing wrong with living for others. If everyone did that, there's be no need for an Illinois Governor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's almost as bad as the "End Erectile Dysfunction" ads I get. And I wonder why the mailman is always smiling when he sees me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the work that you do and I appreciate you holding firm the line against sexism and the thoughtless pomposity of those with the power to make the comic industry better but by feeding the squirrels you only make the world tougher for us who know the truth. The squirrels are becoming more and more ORGANIZED and the day of their take-over is coming soon. Don't fall for their propaganda. They only mean us harm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 was sort of mean; training begging animals to harrass me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallmark once sold a postcard which read "Are you still having fantasies about your mailman?" in big pink letters on a black background.

    If you're not going to pick it up, can I have your free vibrator? My neck's been acting up. *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shouldn't feed the animals; it teaches them bad habits. Like bailing out bankers or re-electing politicians.

    Side note; how does one email you?

    ReplyDelete