The latest Zuda comix are up for the December competition, and I've picked my top 5.
1. Adventures of Maxy J Millionaire -- cute strip about a little stuffed doll who thinks his owner is a slut when he catches her sleeping with her boyfriend. Hijinks ensue. A very Paddington Bear feel, except with anorexic hookers.
2. Development Hell -- The art is not flashy, but this Dilbert-like strip about the ins and outs of blog culture kept me engaged & laughing. I've actually worked for a web development firm, so the humor was very familiar to me (as well as the occasional moment of existential despair).
3. The Crooked Man -- This entry is a dead ringer for old adventure Sunday comics like Terry and the Pirates. The most "mainstream" of the entries, in that it is a straightforward action tale.
4. Avaste Ye -- The art is pretty low-tech, but this story about a slacker who becomes a pirate after he quits his job has a certain "Office Space" appeal.
5. The Mundane Overrated Adventures of Spudman -- A guy wakes up one morning to find out that he has inexplicably turned into a potato. Give this guy a DCU exclusive!
Overall I found the offerings this month far more engaging and diverse, across-the-board. Not enough werewolves in Stetsons, however.