Thursday, December 13, 2007
Call For Submissions: The Friends of Lulu "Design-A-Lulu" Initiative
We at Friends of Lulu are looking for a few good artists (oh, heck, actually we're looking for tons) to donate their talent to Friends of Lulu's Design-A-Lulu Initiative, a fundraising and increased public awareness effort in which we ask artists to dream up their own interpretation of our Lulu mascot.
If you can find the time to help Friends of Lulu by contributing your own unique "Lulu" design, we would most appreciate it.
Here are the specs & pertinent info:
* Our preferred deadline is by the end of January, but we will happily extend it where needed.
* Colored art is preferred but B&W is fine.
* Art should be scanned at 300 dpi.
* Torso-and-head shots preferred, though if you're inspired to draw full-body that's okay.
* Though your initial inspiration can be our original mascot Lulu, unique interpretations are welcome and encouraged.
* Who is "Lulu?" She's the Everywoman who reads and/or creates comic books.
* A variety of ethnicities, races, and body types for your Lulu are welcome as well.
* A request will be made for original art so we can auction it all off in a Lulu fundraising event.
* Selected art will be used for a variety of Friends of Lulu fundraising/promotional purposes, including website & flyer art, T-shirts, stickers, and buttons.
* We will initially post the art on our blog as it comes in, then later set up a permanent gallery on our site.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me. Thanks for your time!
President, Friends of Lulu
Posted by Verge at 11:46 AM
Labels: Friends of Lulu
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I just wanted to say how glad I am to see the organization becoming active again. It seemed like Lulu was starting to die off and now it has new life breathed into it. It's exciting news!ReplyDelete
I was tooling around these here parts and saw the quote on Luna Park. Have you ever heard Language Is A Virus by Laurie Anderson?ReplyDelete