Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

Aaron Lopresti Signs With DC


Well, holy f**king s**t.

"After helping to give the look to Planet Hulk and Ms. Marvel at Marvel for the past few years, artist Aaron Lopresti is packing his bags and moving across town. The artist and DC have confirmed that Lopresti has signed an exclusive with the company, and his first work (yet unnamed) will appear in early 2008."

I'm a big Ms. Marvel fan, so this is pretty earth-shaking news for me.

"While he was naming names, Lopresti picked one out at DC to cite as the main reason for his move from Marvel to DC: Dan DiDio."

Doh!

And what about Lopresti's unnamed DC project?

"Well, I’m under the impression that it will be fun to draw and it probably fits within the context of what most people would expect me to be doing,” Lopresti said."

So it probably has a chick in it.

(counts off on fingers):

Batgirl? Supergirl?

Supergirl?

(thinks)

Power Girl?

And who will the new artist be on Ms. Marvel?

10 comments:

  1. "Well, I’m under the impression that it will be fun to draw and it probably fits within the context of what most people would expect me to be doing,” Lopresti said."

    Isn't this kind of like asking a drug dealer, "Is this good shit?" He's not going to say, "Well, they told me that it would be a really lousy, ball-breaking assignment and that they'll be forcing me to draw like Pablo Picasso."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That being said, Power Girl sounds plausible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is just me, or has DC poaching artists that deliver consistent month-to-month work lately?

    Bagley, Lopresti, well...really just those two, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing fingers for Manhunter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obligitory: SAVE CASS!

    Wow I hope it is somebody good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, what Mithel said. That's what I like- solid craftspeople who deliver the goods consistently and monthly.

    Even if I don't buy monthlies myself, I still have to respect the artists who can go to the well on that schedule and do good, fun work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it's Power Girl. Of her, Supergirl and Batgirl (Cass, I assume) she's the only one I have any real interest in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Power Girl would be nice but... is it too much to hope... a consistent artist/writer team on Supergirl too much to hope for? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't the team currently on Supergirl supposed to be ongoing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this stuff.

    Its good.

    Your too the point, you don't b'guck around, and you've mentioned Ms. Marvel and Power Girl in the same post.

    Must come here again.

    ReplyDelete