Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Those Who Go And Those Who Stay


Just as an appendix to the previous post, I decided, just for fun, to figure out how many of the editors in the DCU department who I worked with have either resigned, been fired, or have transfered to other departments since Dan DiDio was hired.

I'm not going to list the names, but the number is about 12.

Those who have remained? About 6. About 6 of my former co-workers are left.

There is more I could say -- I could analyze things, break them down, etc. But I'm not.

I guess I could say that with such a steep turnover in staff, the department is hardly the one I left. And yet -- it still is.

Oh well -- Que Sera, Sera:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:58 AM

    Don't you just breathe a sigh of relief whenever you think about this? Don't you wonder, "Wow. How could I ever have been a part of that?"

    I just wonder, because I get that sometimes. There's a part of you that knows you may have needed to go through it to get...something. Experience, maybe. Or maybe see how bad it can get.

    So you can never, ever do it again.

    ReplyDelete