Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The DCU Assistant Editor Exodus Continues...

According to the latest LITG...

"Today, I hear DCU Assistant Editor Nachie Castro gave his notice to DC Comics, to move to Disney Publishing. As is standard practice when an employee chooses to move to a rival, he won't have to serve his notice, was asked to pack up his things and left DC this morning."

Nachie is a really great editor who brings a lot to the table, not the least of which is his knowledge of and outreach to indie comic artists. He's an asset to whomever hires him.

This means of course, dear readers, that another slot in the DC editorial department might be opening up -- and that you too might have the chance to know the joy that is working as an assistant editor for the company.

7 comments:

  1. Think they're hiring someone to work on "DC Elementary"? 'Cause that looks choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. I really liked Nachie, and he was very open to seeing Robin's work on Sir Apropos when that series is done. Now I'll need another excuse to get in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take this with a grain of salt since I saw Nachie at DC working this afternoon. I could be wrong, but he didn't exactly look like he was packing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I am grim & gritty enough. Maybe if I wore more leather and lost an eye or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately it's true. I got an email from Nachie confirming it this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worked with Nachie waaay back when Wizard had their own site--WizardWorld?--and thought he was a true class act, and a really nice guy as well.

    Lucky Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is also bringing me beer this evening. Let us not mourn his departure but toast his success!

    ReplyDelete