Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Kids' Comic Con 2008


click for bigger image

When: March 29, 2008
Where: Bronx Community College in NY
Admission: FREE for children 17 and under
$5 for all others

KIDS' COMIC CON 2008 will feature:

1) professional artists and publishers from the field of kids comics!

2) a huge variety of kids' comics' exhibitions, workshops, panels, and signings, aimed at kids, parents, and educators.

All in one day, March 29, 2008, from 10 AM to 6 PM!


The guest list includes editors from Archie, DC, and Marvel plus comic creators like Jamal Igle, Kyle Baker, Chris Giarrusso, Raina Telgemeier, Joe Staton, and plenty more.

And remember, admission for the kids is FREE!

The KCC is created/co-produced by comic writer Alex Simmons.

4 comments:

  1. So comics are at a point where you need a seperate convention that's specifically geared for kids. I simply have no idea how to feel about this, other than sad I don't live in NY so I can't go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pro: I just make it for free admission!

    Con: If only I lived in New York.

    Another Con: Oh great, now I feel like a kid.

    Another Pro: Hey now, X-Men: First Class is a good book! And The Batman Strikes! can hit some smart notes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I had known about this sooner. Would love to take my kids.

    Did anyone go last year? Curious as to what the programming is like, what age ranges it is best for, etc....obviously, my two year old isn't quite there yet (although he loves Tiny Titans, Super Friends and the new Spider-Man cartoon), but I think my five year old might have a blast...as would his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:51 PM

    I was a voulenteer on the staff at the Con, it was a great experience for someone like me who's interested in the industry, but not in it yet. It was a great event for kids, except most of the publicity came a bit too late. I'm gonna try to help spread the news a little earlier next year, so im going around doing a little PR posting (unnoficial XD) Plus I'd like to thank anyone that tried to get the news out about it, a Huge Thank You.

    ReplyDelete