Pages

Monday, November 03, 2008

I Can't Wait For This Election To End...

I can't wait for this election to end...

Obama's grandmother dies, some hard-line conservatives on message boards suggest it's part of a conspiracy to get sympathy votes.

I CAN'T TAKE THE STUPID ANYMORE!!!!!!

Look, I'm an Obama supporter, but I don't demonize McCain. McCain had and still has some good ideas -- but ran an *awful* campaign, complete with dirty trick robocalls and TV ads. And he didn't properly vet Palin, who he knew was a heartbeat away from the presidency. But I'm keeping a balanced view of it. Obama is not a magic fix for this country, he is not a "messiah" or some infallible mystical being. I just think he's the best of two options right now, and seems like an honestly good guy with some fresh ideas. I think McCain is honestly a good guy too, but got too caught up in wanting to win this thing and made some really bad decisions.

But if you are so ultra-conservative and anti-Obama that you honestly believe he had his grandmother killed in order to win the election through pity-- you are insane. Seriously. I mean -- I can see you saying something like that because you're just bitter and you hate him but you don't really believe it. But if you honestly think in your heart that Obama had the "drip" turned off on his grandmother so it would be timed for the election, you are Crazy.

But to be fair, some of these conservative sites are trying to moderate these comments and aren't tolerating the nastiness. And there are many conservative posters there who are telling the conspiracy theorists to knock it off, because they are making them all look Crazy.

This election has brought out so much Crazy -- from both sides -- I SO cannot wait for it to end. I'm exhausted watching it. Knowing that the end of this election is not the end of the Crazy, but only the beginning of four more years of New Crazy, no matter who wins.

That said, Obama/Biden 08.
(voting tomorrow, then trying to block it all out until Wednesday morning)

10 comments:

  1. Val, the crazy is just starting.

    If the O man wins, the far Right Wing will go into full on he's poisoning the water, will corrupt our kids mode. It won't be pretty.

    Even with or without a veto proof majority the far right wing (just some, not all republicans) will block, hold up, and demonize very bill that Obama and Dems come up with. And they will do it just cause.

    I agree with you, I don't think he can walk on water. But he seems to be a sincere, and intelligent man. Hopefully, his cabinet and policies will be a reflection of those qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this many whack jobs come out of the conservative woodwork since there was so much concern in the late 80s and early 90s about George H.W. Bush and the New World Order, selling us over to the UN, all that stuff. Total conspiracy craziness. I can't even keep up with the conspiracy theories in this one - and I've really tried to. All the stuff about shifting us over to Muslim law . . . who can follow this stuff?

    I think a lot of these people have been sitting around with nowhere to express these views for 20 years and they've just been THRILLED that there's a presidential election that seems to encourage their wackiness.

    The good side is that in my newspaper job, I haven't been moved to write political columns in a few years, but the McCain/Palin ticket offered some of the best material ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both. I want this election to be over with. I'm tired of McCain and Palin attacking my man Obama out of desperation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly don't see any good in McCain with how he's behaved during this election. There are some stupid and racist people out there who can't handle Obama possibly becoming president. I like to think they're the smallest percentage of voters who are like that. I agree with you about Obama. I think he's a good, honest man with some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I was saying on Twitter...the man's grandmother dies, they're trying to deport his aunt and he's running for President tomorrow. What happens if he goes bug f#ck insane tonight? I know I'd be pretty damned close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clap, clap, clap, clap...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Crazy from the Left? There have certainly been some distortions and exaggerations, but nothing like the crazy coming from some of McCain's supporters.


    I just feel sorry for McCain. His problem is that he is not supported by the Base or the independents at this point. If he hadn't cozied up to Bush and the religious fanatics on the Right over the last 6 years, if he was the same candidate that ran in 2000, he would have been a much stronger candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:07 AM

    I can't wait until this is over...

    So that cable news can get back to telling us how the new 'depression' is draining our bank accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barring lazy, complacent voters, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Obama is going to win this thing. So, when I heard his grandmother passed away, my reaction was not pity for Obama but sadness for her because I was hoping the poor lady could hold on long enough to see him win. Life is cruel. It really is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Val, didja hear that...

    Not the face! Not the face!


    But isn't it cool that we might have a comicbook fan in the White House?

    ReplyDelete