Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Big Apple Comic Con: Friends of Lulu and Yours Truly

Hey all,

I'll be there doing some set up & a couple of hours of volunteering at the table on Friday evening, then most of Saturday. We will also have reps from the New York Chapter of Friends of Lulu on Saturday.

This is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see in person a real-life comic blogger! Share the magic! Have me sign hastily-printed copies of my actual blog! Ask me about my Cloak and Dagger miniseries for Marvel Comics! (I won't be able to tell you anything, but you can ask me). Waiting for the actual printed comic book to come out is too boring! Come talk to me now!

And support this fine women-in-comics organization, Friends of Lulu. You can join on-site or donate. We'll have tons of literature for you to take! Including a handy-dandy recommended reading list of comics and graphic novels!

Breaking: Occasional "Valerie D'Orazio" Superheroine will be selling off parts of her personal collection of comics, toys, and original art at Big Apple Comic Con to help support Friends of Lulu. Own a piece of comics history! You can't miss this opportunity to own genuine Occasional Superheroine Memorabilia!
Picture from last year's Big Apple Con w/Jamal Igle.
You could be standing where Jamal is in this photo!
If you bring your own camera!

Have comics or original art to donate to the sale? Come on over to the Friends of Lulu table! Help us raise money for projects like a new bi-monthly electronic newsletter! An elegant printed annual for the members! Increased outreach! Comic mentorships for young people! And much much more!

Friends of Lulu would like to thank the fine folks at Big Apple Con (and John Rosas!) for graciously donating to us the table. Come visit Big Apple Con/ The National this weekend! They've got Bond Girls too and Captain Janeway! You'll be sorry you missed it!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'll be there Friday when I get off work through Sunday (yes, that's ALL of Sat and Sun) with the Comicbook Artists Guild. Maybe I'll swing by and say hi like I did at NYCC. Although I've already joined Lulu so can't say I'll do that too (which reminds me I so need to make the next meeting whenever it should happen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, and what kinda comic-type donations you guys gonna be looking for? I think I have a few books laying around I can contribute to help the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be good to see you!

    "Oh, yeah, and what kinda comic-type donations you guys gonna be looking for?"

    Anything that you think people might want. It doesn't have to be for any particular audience. Thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats people rub it in.

    I do wish could get there but theres like a few hundred thousand kilometeres, the pacific ocean, Califoirnia, Airline Food, Passports, sometimes living in Australia sucks.

    I'd better go outside in the sunshine and hop a kangaroo to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw.

    Everything fun happens in New York or on the west coast. :(

    ReplyDelete