Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Jackman Overtakes Pitt As Guy Most Guys Want To Be


According to this article, Hugh Jackman has usurped Brad Pitt's place as the guy whose "look" most guys idolize.

Just so you understand, a guy made famous playing this guy:


is now one of the top movie idols in the world. And not in spite of starring in a superhero movie, but because of it.

Remember when acting in a superhero movie or TV show was like the kiss of death for an actor? The typecasting, the fear of not being taken seriously anymore? Remember when a movie idol like Clooney almost had his career destroyed by acting in "Batman & Robin?"

Of course, this is also a world where Johnny Depp maintains his world fame as a movie headliner by starring in three movies based on a Disneyland attraction...

This post needs more Jackman:

9 comments:

  1. I like him but I don't wanna be him. I gots someone else in mind to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit, I'd be him. Thanks to him, I never have to trim my sideburns again. And those years in the choir don't look so bad anymore either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be fair, Batman & Robin's effect on George Clooney's career might have had something to do with how incredibly bad it was. And with the bat-nipples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:28 PM

    Damn, but he's a good looking man (at least in the pictures)! I don't so much want to be him as have a fling with him, but I'm not a dude. Thanks for spicing up an otherwise ho-hum workday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post still needs more Jackman. Mmmm. :)

    I have to admit, though, I like him as much for his Musical Theatre background. A man who can sing and dance and isn't afraid to admit it. He's like a contemporary Gene Kelly. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:47 PM

    I agree with Roberts. I know some 30-40 year olds who dislike Clooney for the sole purpose of his Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:52 PM

    Jackman looks too much like Every Other Male Star to me.

    The only difference? When Hugh Jackman tells me his shit movie is going to be good, I can tell it's because he BELIEVES it will be good.

    When Thomas Jane tells me his shit movie is going to be good, I can tell it's because he's lying to us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd rather be Clive Owen, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:22 PM

    Can I just emphasize how hot that last picture is?

    Like, hot damn.

    ReplyDelete