Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

How My Kitten Lets Me Know She Needs To Be Fed


Flying leap into the air and biting me on the back of my thigh.

It's like: "Hey! Stop f**king around! Feed me, dammit! I'm only six months old and my body is growing at an amazing rate!"

Then she bites at my fingers as I scoop the food into the dish:

"Scoop faster, dammit! Stop f**king around! What are you making: an art installation?"

I like to chalk up her wild, impatient, and somewhat violent nature to the fact that she is a kitten, after all, and full of energy. Plus, we found her on the street, and I think she probably had to fight to survive & stuff like that. So I think the biting and scratching, the sniper attacks, the attempt to eat my extremities if I don't get out of bed fast enough – I think this is all natural and something she will grow out of.

Anyway, I'm hoping the costume I buy her for Halloween will show her how much I care and help us bond more:

4 comments:

  1. My 6 month old kitten was exactly like that when he first came home. The worst was biting my toes in the morning when he was hungry. Or my face. or my ears. Whatever was closest.

    Then I got a second kitten and they bite each other and leave me alone. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:29 PM

    We left our new kitten home alone for a week. Came home, and it was huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my kitten is almost 6 mos and in the same stage. she likes to pounce with claws out when she sees my feet moving under the covers at night

    ReplyDelete
  4. That catstume is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete