Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Comics: What I'm Buying This Week!



Well, to be fair, my BF often picks up the comics for me (because he's a sweetie) --
so it would be more like: What He's Buying This Week!

Follow along, won't you, with this handy Diamond Comics list for 2/25/09!

First, we have not one but two "Beetle-centric" comics:
BATMAN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #2
BLUE BEETLE #36

Some superheroine action:
WONDER WOMAN #29

Perhaps I should pick up this Barack Obama issue of Youngblood drawn by my new Facebook friend:
YOUNGBLOOD #8 OBAMA CVR

But what? No love for Erik Larsen?
SAVAGE DRAGON #137 4TH PTG OBAMA CVR

Some Avengers:
AVENGERS INITIATIVE #22
MIGHTY AVENGERS #22

Some Hercules:
INCREDIBLE HERCULES #126

The last issue of She-Hulk before that new chick takes over:
SHE-HULK #38

Mutant choppy-choppy action:
X-FORCE #12

At this point, after the BF balks at buying the Youngblood comic but buys everything else, the money has all been spent. Room for a few hardcovers, a manga maybe? Probably not. Not this week. For this week...is the most crushingest week for our comic budgets, as everything we collect usually falls on it.

And what are YOU buying this week???

9 comments:

  1. Can you claim comic books as a business expense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEANWORLD HC VOL 01 WAHOOLAZUMA
    hoka hoka gunk'ldunk!
    one of the first independent comics I ever read, back in 1986

    EERIE ARCHIVES HC VOL 01
    a veritable textbook of storytelling

    SHOWCASE PRESENTS SUPERMAN FAMILY TP VOL 03
    guilty pleasure

    STARMAN OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    mmmm....

    MARVELS EYE OF CAMERA #4 (OF 6) B & W VAR
    same price, no color, includes Busiek's script!

    NEXT MEN PREMIERE ED HC VOL 01
    (yeah, I got the S/N edition years ago, but they never continued the other volumes)

    TINTIN IN THE CONGO HC (RES)
    WHAT? Can it be? Or is this the Last Gasp version? Color=Little Brown, B&W=Last Gasp

    Yeah, pricey, but I work for B&N, and get a 30% discount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Wildcats Vol 5 #8 for me this week, Gage has really hit his stride with the last two issues and I'm actually looking forward to a Mad Maxine centric issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laid, you can if you're making money off the comics you buy.

    My shop's order came late, and their sister store jipped them on a couple books, so I couldn't get Beetle or Shulkie. What I ended up with was:

    AVENGERS INITIATIVE #22
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #47
    DARKNESS #75
    DR. DOOM AND THE MASTERS OF EVIL #2
    DYNAMO 5 #20
    FANTASTIC FOUR #564
    GI JOE ORIGINS #1
    GREEN LANTERN #38
    INCREDIBLE HERCULES #126
    JSA #24
    MARVEL ADVENTURES FANTASTIC FOUR #45
    MIGHTY AVENGERS #22
    MS MARVEL #36
    NEW AVENGERS #49
    NEW AVENGERS #50
    NOVA #22
    RUNAWAYS #7
    SUPERMAN #685
    TEEN TITANS #68
    THUNDERBOLTS #129
    TRINITY #39
    WAR MACHINE #3
    WOLVERINE FIRST CLASS #12
    WOLVERINE ORIGINS #33
    WONDER WOMAN #29
    X-FORCE #12

    I was gonna get the Obama Savage Dragon, but $3.50 for a cameo appearance was kinda meh. I WOULD have gotten the reprint issue if my shop got it, mostly 'cause I did an article featuring it and wanted to see what I wrote about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JSA #24
    Green Lantern #38
    Dr. Doom And The Masters Of Evil #2
    Madame Xanadu #8
    Incredible Hercules #126
    Echo #10
    Runaways #7
    Previews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:50 PM

    I'm sure I'll buy tons of stuff beyond my budget at WonderCon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:44 PM

    You know, I'm going to miss the She-Hulk. I think Jen is one of the few examples of a strong, well-adjusted woman in comic books. She's had her problems, but I think most of the time she's just been written by people who don't get how good the character can be. I think Dan Slott may have come the closest. Not that I want to dismiss this new character out of hand, but she seems more like a cross between Wonder Woman and Red Sonja.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:13 PM

    I bought the Starman hardcover vol 2, because Starman is awesome-sauce, the Watchmen parody "Whatmen!?" for general silliness, and issues of GIJoe and Transformers Dinobots, because I can't let go of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why is Willie Lumpkin humping a bag of money in that She-Hulk picture?

    ReplyDelete