Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Occasional Links: The Holiday Slave Leia Exclusive Action Figure Edition


* Sexy Santa Slave Leia custom action figure now available on eBay. "...makes a great stocking stuffer or the coolest, sexiest ornament on your tree, as she can be fitted with an ornament hanger upon request."


* "He's Goddamn Batman, right?" -- Chuck Dixon.


* Little Lulu: the first vegetarian vigilante?


* Breaking news: Countdown to officially include little editorial boxes to explain what the bloody hell is going on.


* Jack Black on the Green Lantern movie that never was: "I was going to be capturing bad guys with green, giant prophylactics." Now if Seth Rogan can only lose the Green Hornet movie, we'll be 2-for-2.


* In a thread entitled "John Byrne: Metrosexual," the comics legend discusses proper skin care.


* Dan Slott's alternate cover for "Fallen Son: Death Of Captain America." I think an all-Slott issue of Amazing Spider-Man is in order, don't you?


* Breaking news: Shatner still angry that he was not asked to be Kirk in new Star Trek film.


* Tech Watch: Bikini lifejacket with inflatable...well, you know.


*Hulk Hogan informed of wife's divorce plans by reporter. Says, "Thank you for the great information," lifts some weights, cries into his protein drink.


Christmas cheer from The Dating Game:
"It's the holiday season and I'm Santa. You're on my lap. Little boy, take it away..."

3 comments:

  1. Wait...Chuck Dixon is just...accepting the Goddamn Batman as...the canonical Batman? Any, Charlie boy, I read the rest of the issue. There was a few decent scenes (Anybody can rent Ocean's 11) but uh, yeah. You're Batman is the useless-dick-Batman that I thought he went on a pilgrimage to outgrow?

    You know, I want to take a second to just talk about HOW FUCKING CHEATED I felt by One Year Later. What a great opportunity to introduce MEANINGFUL change to the DCU without having to slap us in the face with Superman-2 punching the universe. I was hoping for a kid for Supes, maybe a real relationship for the Bat, some action on the WW & Marvel fronts, but really? The only good part of it was the splash "WHO WAS ON TEEN TITANS?" page. Little Barda?

    Anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mordicai, I feel you expect too much. In my opinion, the status quo will always be retained no matter what the marketing hype promises.

    The Slave Leia is disgusting. I mean, normally I'm all for fans having whatever sexual thrills they like, but there's something about a Holiday Slave Leia that I'm not feeling.

    Dan Didio is a jerk. I think we all knew this. Now, after blaming fans for not reading *every* DC book so they wouldn't need editor boxes, he changes stride and talks about them like they aren't a big deal.

    THANK YOU for the Andy Kaufman Dating Game bit!!! OMG! That was waaaaay too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly there can be only one response to Shatner's whiny "but why won't they let me in the movie" question

    You're DEAD Jim.

    ReplyDelete