Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes, Part One

Mom: Happy Easter!

Me: Mom, it's not Easter. It's April Fool's Day.

Mom: No, I know it's April Fool's Day. But isn't it Easter too?

Me: No, Easter is next week.

Mom: But the bodega on the corner was closed this morning, they're never closed.

Me: Well, it's Passover weekend.

Mom: They're Spanish, they don't celebrate Passover!

Me: No, what I'm saying is that...I don't know, it's just a holiday week, that's all.

Mom: That's probably it...anyway, have you heard the news?

Me: What news?

Mom: I'm...pregnant!

Me: You got me there, Mom!

Mom: April Fools!

Me: Though you know, some women your age are getting pregnant nowadays...

Mom: Okay, now I'm going to tell you the real news...your sister...

Me: What, is she pregnant?

Mom: She's getting divorced.

Me: Oh, you got me again! Good one, Mom! April Fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment