Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Occasional Superheroine Reader Profile: David Gallaher


Name: David Gallaher

Location: Brooklyn, New York

Occupation: Writer

Comics you read: Avengers: The Initiative, Nova, Captain America, and Thunderbolts are my must reads. Outside of that, I pick up and follow a little bit of everything. I also read In His Likeness, Sullen Grey, Girls With Slingshots, Bayou, Fishtown, Backstage, Kelly, The Night Owls, Nightfall, xckd, Foxtrot, Tiny Ghosts, and A Softer World. And I'm totally digging on this werewolf western webcomic I've been reading ... but I totally don't remember the name of it.

Fave artist: Will Eisner, though John Buscema is another favorite.

Fave writer: Andrew Vacchs, though Lawrence Block is very close second.

Fave character: All of the original six New Warriors, so Nova, Justice, Speedball, Firestar, Namorita, and yes … Night Thrasher. Plus, The Flash and Superman are my favorite DC characters.

First comic you ever read: I believe it was either NOVA #1 or an issue of POWER MAN AND IRON FIST.

Your favorite comic book "memory": I'd have to think about that one. There are several that come to mind ... but as far as absolute favorite? Maybe the New York Comic Con last year?

Most frustrating comic book "moment": When Captain Marvel died, I actually cried a little.

Where/how do you buy your comics?: Comic book stores in and around New York City. I'm partial to Midtown Comics East, but Jim Hanley's is wonderful, as are Cosmic Comics and Forbidden Planet.


Floppies or trades?: Both ... but how about webcomics?

Marvel or DC?: All of the above, plus some.

Star Wars or Star Trek?: I loathe $t@r W@r$, so Star Trek.

Non-comic book hobbies: Old-time radio, psychology, advertising, theatre, general forteana, and collecting action figures.


Personal motto: Keep your friends close and your enemies at point-blank range.


How did you start reading "Occasional Superheroine?": After some girl scribbled the website on a index card for me.

5 comments:

  1. also, he's part of team invincible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Previous comment deleted due to excessive use of the word "awesome". That said, this is easily my favorite new feature. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I think I've heard of that guy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This man once called me a genius. I'm not entirely sure why.

    ReplyDelete