Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

"Is This In Continuity?"

I pick up a copy of Alex Ross's "Justice #11 at the comic store and ask the store clerk:

Me: "So, is this in DC continuity?"
Clerk: "It might be."
Me: "Is this in current DC continuity?"
Clerk: "It quite possibly might be in current DC continuity."
Me: "Does this story have any impact on current DC continuity?"
Clerk: "It's very possible."
Me: "Is this an Elseworlds or something?"
Clerk: "Not exactly."
Me: "So it's in continuity?"
Clerk: "Kind of."
Me: "Okay, Supergirl is wearing her puffy-sleeved disco outfit here."
Clerk: "Apparently."
Me: "So...um...I'm going to just pretend it's in continuity."
Clerk: "Can I interest you in the two volumes of hardback reprints--"
Me: "NO!"

3 comments:

  1. I wanna get the two hard backs, but no this is NOT in continuity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my understanding that Justice was an homage to the old "Challenge of the Super-Friends" show. I know it's definitely not in continuity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in *my* continuity. Your mileage may vary!

    ReplyDelete