Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Daily Gilgongo!
For May 12th, 2007

The "Mickey Jihad" video. Some little girls collect Polly Pocket, some call for worldwide Islamic control.

Matt Groening's son wishes father was Seth MacFarlane. "Playboy" interview via ComicMix.

Hey, I weigh as much as Elektra Natchios! And I better gain some f**king weight! Karen Healey & Terry D. Johnson's "Comparative Sex-Specific Body Mass Index In The Marvel Universe and the Real World"

How To Make Han Solo Carbonite Candy Bar. Do you eat the head first or the feet? Via BoingBoing.

Here's shocking video from Spain of what appears to be...a demon! Or Gollum. Or maybe even Britney on a verrrrry bad day.

And finally, Johanna at Comics Worth Reading says, "Superhero Comics Aren't For Girls":
"That doesn’t mean that they’re 100% enjoyed by only members of that gender, but it does make the cross-gender participants exceptions. It’s great that those oddballs (said lovingly, since I’m one too) have used the net to find each other." I remember when I was a little girl, and wanted nothing more than to grow up and be a "cross-gender participant exception." I think I'm almost there.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link!

    However, the paper was written by myself and Terry D. Johnson - could you alter the attribution so he gets his props?

    Karen.

    ReplyDelete