Monday, September 14, 2009

The First Motion Comic?

With all this talk about motion comics for mobile phones, I remembered this Alan Parsons Project video from 1984, "Don't Answer Me." At the time I thought it was pretty nifty, mixing comic book motifs with animation as well as live-action & clay animation.

And yes, some of those old Marvel cartoons are probably the *very* first motion comics, in a sense...


  1. I love this song and video more than I really should.

    But I do love it.

  2. Hmm, I suppose this does predate my whole "Teen Girl Squad was the first motion comic" hypothesis.

    (TGS is still the best, though)

  3. Oh, thanks for reminding me of this song & video! I was trying to remember it about 6 months ago!

  4. I miss the days of videos

  5. Thanks for this post. I followed it back here from Heidi's post on The Pulse today.

    I worked on this with the brilliant Michael Kaluta many years back, and it still makes me smile. He and I are working on Starstruck for IDW these days if you'd like to see a project that we aren't rushed on. :)

    Thanks again.