Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is It Wrong To Think This Cover Is "Hot?"

I think it's his thigh that finally "sold" it to me. I dunno.

What I like about this Olivier Coipel cover is that it combines the "two Wolverines" that usually show up in depictions of the character -- the handsome one and the sort of trollish one. He's certainly not a pretty boy in this piece of art. He's not Hugh Jackman-handsome. But he's also sort of hot in his own way.

I know -- pretty deep commentary! :-D

Cover is a Wolverine: Weapon X #1 variant, btw

8 comments:

  1. I always dug the look he had during Silvestri's run with the character, which was a diminutive Clint Eastwood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where'd the new uniform come from? It's been a while since I read any of the X-books, is that the new X-Force?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Objectification is real. And it's effects? Devastating.

    (broughttoyoubytheadcouncilmenforsoftersuperheroesandthisstation)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the OPPOSITE of wrong, Miss V. It just feels...so right. Oh, Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:35 PM

    I really hope that the Wolverine "continuity" is not screwed up by the plot of the Wolverine movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Without a clear view of his junk (ala Citizen Steel on that JSA cover) I cannot render a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just glad they put metal-ringed air holes in his vinyl gloves and boots because without breathability those things would become STINKY.

    ReplyDelete