Welcome (back?) to “Occasional Superheroine” — your destination for all things comics & comics-related (and also, things that are fun & unusual). If you have ever wondered, “this is a fascinating topic, but what is a woman’s take on this subject?”…well there you go, you are at the correct spot.
Last time I blogged here was about 15 years ago, and since then I have changed my favorite takeout spot. The one I currently use has an amazing lunch special for about $11 & it contains all of the major food groups you need for optimal nutrition. Today the regular lady at the counter wasn’t there to take my order, even though she has always been there to take my order for almost 2 years now. I hope she is OK. Ordering without her had some challenges, to be honest, but I made use of the paper menus conveniently displayed by the cash register & a successful transaction was performed.
In other news, apparently Andrew Garfield is going to play Spider-Man in a new movie. I don’t know how I feel about that...I’ve really invested in Tobey Maguire’s Peter Parker, and it just seems like a waste to start all over again. I hope the beloved MCU does not make this a trend!
And apparently both Hulk Hogan & Sam Neill died, as well as Diamond Comic Distributors. But Channel Awesome is still there, from what I occasionally see in my (open finger-quote) X (close finger-quote) feed.
Life over the past 15 years have had its ups & downs for me, as any life would have (though my narrative is particularly interesting because I continually assign wild archetypal resonances to semi-daily occurrences). Through it all, I have continued to be indebted to My Fans (not to be confused with Only Fans, which is a separate topic). I hope what I present here is still within the Grand Tradition I struck so many years ago…and if it’s not, well, nobody reads blogs anymore anyway.
So do hang around & catch up with me, Occasional Superheroine, as I…catch up with you! And catch up with Comics! Be there, True Believer! Or be square! It’s your choice! (No pressure)
Best,
Valerie
@thevallyd on (open finger-quote) X (close finger-quote)

OMG, so happy to see you here!!!
ReplyDelete