Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Is Black Canary
Sleeping With Connor Hawke?



The current topic of discussion in Casa Del Superheroine is the October solicitation information for Green Arrow/Black Canary #1:

The new Green Arrow/Black Canary team investigates the shocking results of the Wedding of the Century in an all-new adventure that brings the Star City-crossed
lovers together!

Exhibit A: "shocking results of the wedding of the century"

Exhibit B: "Star City-crossed lovers"

Exhibit C: See cover above.

Holy crap.

I really think this could happen.

Which brings me to this Salon article Superheroine's Sweetie just emailed me...

"I have the hots for my stepson. He's 17, and I know it's wrong, but I think he has the hots for me, too.

"I'm a 35-year old stepmom and mother of a 5-year-old daughter. I find myself attracted to my 17-year-old stepson and, more worrisome, I think he is attracted to me. He lives with his father and me half the time and with his mother the other half. I've been in his life since he was 9 and his brother was 7, and we're pretty much a blended-family success story. Everyone gets along, my stepsons are both great kids, and my daughter worships her brothers. My husband and I love each other and are good partners in working as a team, taking care of the kids, home, work, extended family, etc., though "marital relations" are close to nonexistent, due partly to the usual stress and partly to my husband's low libido.

"The kid I used to know has grown into a charming and attractive young man who looks even older than his age."

How old would Ollie be? I'm thinking mid-to-late 40s.
Dinah? 32-35
Connor? 18-23

If this is true, Ollie's gonna snap an arrow up somebody's bum...

6 comments:

  1. Actually some speculation I've heard is that it isn't Dinah at all in that pic, but Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mia. Interesting theory. If the two individuals on that cover are indeed "lovers," then I hope to heck it's not Dinah and Connor.

    Connor and Mia would be easier for me to accept. Although since they typically act like brother and sister, it's still a little icky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually thinking that something happens to Ollie at the wedding (we know it's going to be crashed by the I Injustice League). And so Connor's filling in* while Dad recuperates.

    Of course, maybe Dinah makes Ollie shave his beard. Taking Connor's costume would be a dick move, though--the exact opposite of giving "his" costume to Roy in JLA.

    *As Dinah's partner, not her lover. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrong Connor, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. based on some thourough research, the following facts i can confirm:

    the art shown(i'm not 100 on that being the cover of the intended) features a black canary(whose idenity is more than likely dinah) and the male figure is connor.

    The whole line of Star-City Crossed Lovers, makes me think that Ollie will nearly die, or be in critical condition where he is dying. Or possibly kidnapped. I've stopped reading the BC mini, mainly because we all know the end result, I don't really need the middle man.
    I am intentinoal avoiding the idea of Dinah and Connor because it's icky. :)
    I'd take mia being the BC but...that just doesn't fit right with me. unless shes doing naughty things in a weird fetish way for Connor.

    Next possiblity is that Roy dies at the wedding. and oliver is nearly killed. Or something. I don't know. Maybe the artist screwed up. Or maybe the soliciter did. Or the writter needs to get punched in the nose. If this indeed, is true that Dinah leaves Ollie for Connor, I am done with DC untill they give Mr. queen another book.

    This is just another reason to hate early solicits.

    Heres my one true hope after research: This cover is issue 2. and that soemthing happens to ollie in issue one or soemthing...Or maybe ollie and dinah are fine, and it's a Mother son cover thing...

    ReplyDelete