Pages

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Blake Lively As Carol Ferris In Green Lantern Movie


Blake Lively has been cast in the upcoming Green Lantern movie as Hal Jordan's love interest Carol Ferris.

I'll be honest, I saw more a brunette like Anne Hathaway, or perhaps even Jennifer Connelly playing the role. And yeah, I think age is a factor here as well as overall "look" – Lively being 22 and my conception of Ferris being somewhere in her late 20s/early 30s. Ryan Reynolds, who is playing Green Lantern, is 33. According to Hollywood, guys in their 3os & 40s are still vital and sexy, while there's a preference for their female counterparts to be in their 20s. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that's the way it is – and this is why so many actresses, as they approach 30, drive themselves crazy and get plastic surgery and develop eating disorders, etc; it's a business decision.

And so maybe Blake Lively will really rock it in this movie and go on to meatier roles, or maybe she'll go the way of the woefully miscast and bland Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns.

What do you think of Blake Lively being cast as Carol Ferris?

Carol Ferris:

Blake Lively: